Friday, October 19, 2012

Odometer

I have had this NOS AMF odometer laying around for awhile on the bench.  I got it off eBay a year ago, think I paid 5 bucks for it, still in its package.  Thought it would be easy to install, pretty simple, right?  I was mistaken!  The clicker striker piece on the spoke would either hit the fork or be too far away to strike the counter wheel, or the counter would strike a spoke.  There are like three adjustments needed to make the thing work.  Got frustrated with it a few nights ago and left it on the bench.  I thought about it some more, and reviewed the very minimal installation instructions.  I figured out that the mounting bracket for the odometer body was shown on the instructions installed backwards, which made everything really close.  I flipped the bracket, used the spacers and got it to work!  I put it on the Royal Scot.  The thing is mostly plastic, so will see how it holds up.



No comments:

Post a Comment